The Institute for Stem Cells for the Treatment and Exploration of Monogenic Disease (I-Stem) at Evry is a research center dedicated to developing new treatments for the modeling of human genetic diseases from ES and iPS cells.
I-Stem is part of AFM-Telethon in the Biotherapy Institute for Rare Diseases and include Inserm (UMRS 861), University of Evry and the Centre for the Study of Stem Cells (CECS).
I-Stem offers through INGESTEM an automated biomanufacturing platform as well as a high throughput screening platform using pluripotent cells and their progeny
- Scientific Director: Dr. Marc Peschanski
- General manager: Mr. Raymond Zakhia
- Pathophysiological study of rare genetic diseases (muscular and neurodegenerative diseases, premature aging ..)
- Targeted pharmacology through models of molecular mechanisms associated with a pathology.
- Cell therapy Models
Involvement in INGESTEM:
- Automation of production of ES cells and iPS cells
- Development of disease iPSC models and functional assays
- High Throughput Screening (HTS)
- Development of clinical grade culture procedures (Haplobank program)
- Cytostatic Effect of Repeated Exposure to Simvastatin: A Mechanism for Chronic Myotoxicity Revealed by the Use of mesodermal Progenitors Derived from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells. Peric D Barragan I, Giraud-Triboult K, Egesipe AL, Meyniel-Schicklin L, Cousin C Lotteau V Little V, Touhami J, Battini JL, Sitbon million Pinset C Ingelman-Sundberg M, Laustriat D, Peschanski M . Stem Cells. Jul 17, 2015
- Development of a global network of induced pluripotent stem cell haplobanks.
Wilmut I, Leslie S, Martin NG, Peschanski M, Rao M, Trounson A, D Turner, Turner ML, Yamanaka S, CJ Taylor. Regen Med. 2015; 10 (3): 235-8
- Induced pluripotent stem cells reveal functional differences entre Currently Investigated drugs in patients with progeria syndrome hutchinson-gilford. Blondel S, G Jaskowiak, Egesipe AL, The Corf A, C Navarro, Cordette V Martinat C, Y Laabi, Djabali K, Sander Giovannoli-A, Levy N, M Peschanski, Nissan X Stem Cells Transl Med. 2014 Apr; 3 (4): 510-9.
- High throughput screening for inhibitors of REST in neural derivatives of human embryonic stem cells Reveals That Promotes a chemical compound term of neuronal genes. Charbord J, Poydenot P Bonnefond C Feyeux M Casagrande F Brinon B, Francelle L, Aurégan G, Guillermier million Cailleret M Viegas P Nicoleau C Martinat C Brouillet E, Cattaneo E, Peschanski million Lechuga M Perrier AL. Stem Cells. 2013 September; 31 (9)
- mTOR-dependent proliferation defect in human ES-derived neural stem cells affected by myotonic dystrophy type 1 Denis JA, M Gauthier, Rachdi L, S Aubert, Giraud-Triboult K, P Poydenot, Benchoua A, B Champon, Maury Y, Baldeschi C Scharfmann R, G Pietų, Peschanski M, J Cell Sci C. Martinat. 2013 Apr 15; 126
- Unique preservation of neural cells in Gilford progeria syndrome Hutchinson- is due to the term of the neural-specific microRNA miR-9. Nissan X, S Blondel, Navarro C, Y Maury, Denis C. Girard M, C Martinat, De Sandre-Giovannoli A, N Levy, M. Peschanski Cell Rep. 2012 Jul 26; 2 (1): 1-9.
- Human embryonic stem-cell derivatives for full reconstruction of the epidermis pluristratified: a preclinical study. Guenou H, Nissan X Larcher F, J Feteira, Lemaitre G, M Saidani, M Del Rio, CC Barrault Bernard FX Peschanski million Baldeschi C, Waksman G. Lancet. 2009 Nov 21; 374 (9703).
More information about I-Stem: http://www.istem.eu/